The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Slow Internet due to system Corrupt files

(6 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by saurabh16
  • Latest reply from ispalten
  • Topic Viewed 421 times

saurabh16

I have Dell Inspiron 1564 , i-5 processor , 4 GB RAM , 1 GB Graphic card and 64-Bit OS
PROBLEM : Since few days my internet has slowed down .. I use Google Chrome and it takes lot of time to load pages or not load at all until refreshed.. I have used sfc/scannow and chkdsk .... sfc shows corrupt files but unable to repair some of them.... How to repair ???? also My System restore fails everytime due to some I/O device error i think .. plzz TEACH me how to do System Restore properly by any other way or help to solve error...

Posted 1 year ago

StringJunky

Best to do a reinstall...check your other thread.

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike

Without a doubt, I would do a fresh install, you should have backed up your data.

You could try a repair from your disks, if you made them or from the preinstalled recovery option. The drivers will be installed automatically

Mike

Posted 1 year ago

victimperson

Google Chrome has slowed down on me before too. I uninstalled it with wise program uninstaller and re download and install. So far works fine again, make sure to check for an update for it at least once a week.

Posted 1 year ago

afuhnk

Have you tested the hard drive?

Posted 1 year ago

ispalten

Your primary concern should be the inability to do a System Restore. Were there any complete error messages other than "due to some I/O device error"? More info would help. Also look in Event Viewer to see if there is a better description at the time of the attempted restore.

You might also do a re-install "in-place'", that is install the OS over itself, not formatting. That will replace the OS and if you have corrupted files 'fix' them, but so should running SFC /SCANNOW? Have you tried running SFC and if so, what were the results?

Depending on the I/O error you could be experiencing a h/w problem on the disk, a bad sector that holds a file needed for Restore or the data itself. Are ALL restore points giving the same problem? Have you run CHKDSK /F on the drive?

Irv S.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.