The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Linux

Site Suggestion ...

(11 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by parnote
  • Latest reply from The Geek
  • Topic Viewed 931 times

parnote

I love the tech tips, especially the ones for Linux. However, I'd like to make a suggestion to make the archive a bit easier to find things in.

First, provide an option to sort the topics by Linux distribution.

Second, provide an option to sort the topics by original posting date.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

i'm not really sure that sorting by distro would do much good because there usually aren't that many linux questions on here and they are not really os based

Posted 5 years ago

parnote

Jack, with all due respect, it seems to me that the Linux questions and tips on here are *buntu specific. There are MANY other flavors of Linux, besides those backed by Mr. Shuttleworth.

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

i know that there are many distrobutions of linux i was just saying that mainly the questions on this particular forum are mainly just ubuntu and not the other distros and only occasionally will there be one from and different distro that was kind of my point on the question but i do think that if we ever did become a more linux based forum with questions all across the board this may be a good suggestion but for the time being i do not think that it is needed.

cheers

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

parnote,

Anyone can post a question or tip concerning Any Linux Distro on the HTG Linux Forum.
By only happenstance, many members like and use Ubuntu and Debian.
All members interested in Other Distros are certainly encouraged to post on the HTG Linux Forum.
I feel sure The Geek will take your suggestion under consideration.
Kindest Regards,
Rick P. ♥ :)

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

nicely put rick

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Thanks Jack.
Looking after the house today.
Kindest Regards,
Rick P. ♥ :)

Posted 5 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

Ubuntu is by far the most popular distribution, and that's why we focus on it, because it will help a much larger number of people, especially those that are new to Ubuntu and Linux.

I'd think that Linux users would stop worrying about what is named what and just be happy that people are finally starting to use Linux. Isn't that the important thing?

Posted 5 years ago

parnote

So what about my second suggestion, to provide an option to sort the Linux tips/tricks by the date they were posted? It would make it easier to find the more recent posts, without having to wade through all the older ones.

parnote

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

it already shows the newest ones at the top already ??

Posted 5 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

Actually that page does show in alphabetical order... been meaning to provide a sort by date option.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!