The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

Silverlight/Netflix issues

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by flyfsher
  • Latest reply from flyfsher
  • Topic Viewed 3168 times

flyfsher

Lately having a problem watching movies on netflix,my system crashes,black screen then to reboot ,sometimes I can watch an entire movie or it will crash several times and I just give up, the folks at netflix are always very polite and try to help,they wanted to have me switch from chrome to firefox or IE,also delete silverlight and re-install then call them back with the results,it didn't work ! I called microsoft and all they wanted was my C.Card number because my XP is outdated and out of warranty ? The last person at netflix said I need to upgrade my computer because XP is not compatible with silverlight any help would be greatly appreciated,at this time a new computer is not in the budget
Best Victor

Posted 1 year ago

vistual

flyfsher,
RE: "The last person at netflix said I need to upgrade my computer because XP is not compatible with silverlight"
that made me curious so i checked and that doesnt seem to be true. i didnt research enough to say that thats not the case with the latest version. it might be. but just in case - i thought i'd post this so that you can have some options. maybe an older version : Old Version of Silverlight for Windows XP

heres what i found about silverlight and its system requirements / compatibility : Get Microsoft Silverlight(theres also a link there for "Uninstalling previous versions of Silverlight" which you might want to check out first before trying an older version)

Posted 1 year ago

flyfsher

Thanks I'll give it a look.seems allot of folks are having issues with silverlight the folks at netflix are well aware of it,I tried microsoft again,it took four hours for them to call me back and all I got was the same type of response from a fellow I could hardly understand because of a language barrier,I politely asked to speak with a supervisor who could at least explain why I needed to give them $99.00 for one question regarding silverlight,I was put on hold and gave up after a half hour,if you do a general internet search there are several posts about issues but no real answers
thks again

Posted 1 year ago

ronniesonora

flyfsher, you might also check here http://www.ctimls.com/Support/......htm#Clean Corrupted Silverlight

Posted 1 year ago

flyfsher

Thanks that is allot of information,I'll try some of it

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.