The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Side scroll bar problems

(4 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by springle1
  • Latest reply from warlock
  • Topic Viewed 430 times

springle1

Recently got a Compaq laptop with Windows 7, I am having problems with the side scroll bar with the touchpad and Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse attached to it too. I want to be able to use the side scroll bar by clicking the up or down arrow with it going up or down one line at a time but it seems to have a life of its own and jumps all over the place, or, after a couple of clicks on either arrow it zooms to the top of bottom at the speed of lightning which I hate. I was told by a friend it was IE and to switch so I've gone to Google Chrome which I prefer, but it seems even worse. Can anyone help please?

Posted 2 years ago

warlock
warlock

Do not have a laptop but, can you go to control panel,hardware and sound,devices and printers, mouse. Make adjustments there?

Posted 2 years ago

springle1

Thanks for your reply. I had already changed it in there only for it to resume again, no matter what I do it will not stop following the mouse and zooming either up or down very quickly.

Posted 2 years ago

warlock
warlock

Is this a new computer or a hand me down? Also the model # may help. Did all work okay previously or did the problem just start. I know you just got it recently but, recently can have many meanings.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!