The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Shutdown

(56 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by tsmith777
  • Latest reply from tsmith777
  • Topic Viewed 1046 times

tsmith777

Warlock, the Kaspersky rescue disc in your link will not download, it says it is v. 10 dated June 2010 and not supported.

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Downloads fine for me.

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

When I click on download it goes to another page and shows the download link but I cannot click on it.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Works for me too. Try again.

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

http://support.kaspersky.com/4162

Click the part that says "You can download the distributive of Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 from Kaspersky Lab servers."

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

Guilty, I downloaded it and installed it as well as ImgBurn and dragged the Kaspersky downloaded file to ImgBurn, inserted a DVD and it burned it to the DVD and said operation successfull. should I restart and rung the disc now?

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

You have to boot from the disc so make sure CD/DVD is your first boot priority in the BIOS setting.

You may have to push F2 or F11 or a combination of keys to enter the BIOS.

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

I changed the BIOS to boot from DVD, and restarted, it did boot from the DVD, I pressed any key as the instructions say, accepted the terms, hit enter for Graphics Mode a then I get a totally black screen. I waited for about 5 minutes and it did not start????? I just can't seem to get anything right.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Well tsmith777, As GS said earlier, you may be better off taking it to a local shop. I probably would have done a system reinstall. Still don't think your too old by the way. LOL

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

LOL Thanks for your and GS's response. I think I'll just reinstall windows and if that dosen't fix it I'll just forget about it and put up with the Forced Shutdown, the computer woks great except for that problem. Thanks again.

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

A Forced Shutdown will do more damage to your system each time, if a re-install doesn't solve things (don't forget to back up any files you want kept) then take it to some one local that can help, at least then they can SEE what's happening each time.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Ditto.

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

It's interesting, I went to an XPX club forum where the responders are from Dell and he told me that that is normal in Windows 7, I tried to explain that I have had Dell Computers for many years and that has never happen. He refuses to answer me now

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

Whatever was wrong, after reinstalling windows (Upgrade) and downloading 94 updates and cleaning out all the garbage it is now fixed and now it runs great and shuts down and restarts properly. My computer is also lightning fast now. I very much appreciate the input from all of you folks. Thanks again for all you help now and in the past.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

@Tom, A reinstall is usually best if you can do it. Suggest you install http://www.microsoft.com/secur.....y/mse.aspx if you didn't already. I knew you were not too old. LOL.

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

I have had MSE for a long time and love it, along with SAS, Malwarebytes and Ccleaner. Well, maybe I'm not. LOL The talent that resides at HTG constantly amazes me, you guys are awesome.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!