Experts question Microsoft's decision to retire XP

http://www.computerworld.com/s.....geNumber=1
(2) Pages.

Posted for Comment.

Rick P.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

There are more folks required to keep XP alive besides Microsoft. Flash, Java, device drivers from device manufacturers, Browser developers, to name a few. Since this support is predominantly free, where does the revenue come from to support it.

Posted 1 year ago

bubbatie1
bubbatie1

Intrest from mr gates's bank account ?

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

I think they will get into deep trouble with the Fortune 500 if they really drop dead on XP. We'll see.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Should a company that profits from the innate good of its creations also be held accountable for the innate bad of its creations and for how long ??

Posted 1 year ago

jmeeks49
jmeeks49

Rick, i say yes because look what happened to Windows Me that was a nightmare waiting to happen. Any company should back up their own product no matter how many updates or upgrades they offer. The question is how many people do you think would run out and buy software upgrades with out some kind of a support system in place and that includes XP yes the OS is old and out of date but it's like buying a old chevy or a Cadillac do you think each consumer will stop looking for parts or support for them? In this case i think M$ should offer it down the line from 95 on up but, that's just me.

John

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!