The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Should I keep up with Windows Update?

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Zuelajindi
  • Latest reply from whs
  • Topic Viewed 360 times

Zuelajindi

However, my machine has had various freezing and hanging ordeals when updating critical updates. I have done system recoveries, and for a while now my system seems to be running as it should. I have probably 20 pending updates to be installed, and I am unsure whether to follow through with them. The constant system restore process gets absolutely tedious when things go wrong.

Anyhow, your 2-bits are appreciated, thanks.

Posted 1 year ago

owen123

If you have had problems with them, then perhaps don't update, many folk here don't. I personally always update, but then I haven't had any problems.

Owen

Posted 1 year ago

germ-x

There is a link for more information in the rt side panel. I will click on that to see if I really need that update. If not I don't install. I do that for all updates before allowing an update.

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike

Thus;

I never update immediately but I do add the security updates one at a time sometimes!

Clicking each update will give you a description which sometimes are not a great help. Watch the forum and see the reports that pop up.

Mike

Posted 1 year ago

whs

I would at least install the security related updates. The others you can 'hide' for the time being.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.