The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Sharing files between Windows 7 & Windows 8 computers

(3 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Elaine
  • Latest reply from whs
  • Topic Viewed 234 times

Elaine

I had queried how to do the above & read a full description by Lori. I am no 'tech' person at all & previously had a lot of help to do a similar fete when we had Windows XP & a new computer with Windows 7. I am impressed by Lori's full description & am preparing to give it a try. My current question is - does it make a difference if one computer is wired in (I believe that is the term used when I was working on our old computer) & the other is wireless. Windows 7 is on my laptop (new about 6 mo. ago) & our desktop computer (new a month ago) has Windows 8 which has wireless abilities but we were told it would have a faster connection if wired in... Windows 8 is extremely new to us & we are learning by sink or swim method & Windows 7 was new to us a few months ago & we have figured it out by the same method. It is extremely helpful when we have full instructions in plain English & that was why I was impressed with Lori's explanations - though the real test will be when I try it. Thanks.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi

Makes no difference if wired or wireless. All are on the same Local Area Network.

Posted 1 year ago

whs

Wired or WiFi makes no difference. For sharing, Homegroup is the easiest. Just type HOMEGROUP into start and you'll see.

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.