How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

Shared Printer, Prints but will not Copy or Scan

(4 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Leonissa
  • Latest reply from Xhi
  • Topic Viewed 932 times

Leonissa
Leonissa

I have a HP PSC 1400 Series printer that is hooked up to my Windows 7 computer and I want to share this printer with my Windows XP Home Edition computer.

I can print documents and test pages on the printer from the XP computer but it will not give me the options to scan or copy. When I open the printer software on XP it says gives a message saying "No Hp devices have been detected".

I have the original disk that came with the printer with the software for the HP printer and have installed it on XP the computer.

I checked, and the printer software says there are no updates that I need.

I have the computers connected in a HomeGroup (WorkGroup), and I can see the network sharing with both computers.

Is there some option(s) or something that I need to add, setup, or update to so I can use the XP computer to scan and copy on the HP printer?

Thanks!

Posted 1 year ago

ronniesonora

Leonissa, check here http://windows.microsoft.com/e.....of-Windows

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

I had the same problem with a Canon printer and Canon told me that sharing the scanner is only possible on certain models - and mine was not one of them. Another problem could be that you do not have the full driver.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Typically when the printer is shared via being attached to a computer in the network rather than independently network attached only the print function is available.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!