How-To Geek Forums / Off Topic

Share Your Muxtape!

(211 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by mysticgeek
  • Latest reply from mysticgeek
  • Topic Viewed 17588 times

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

if any one needs aac/m4a to mp3 this works great: http://www.maniactools.com/sof.....ndex.shtml

and mine is now done :) check it here: http://jack7h3r1pp3r.muxtape.com

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

All you need to do with .m4a files, is to rename them .mp3

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

jack, since I played your songs, my speakers are warped. I have to bend them back into shape. löl

Posted 6 years ago

Bartman
Bartman

Jack: I added you to my favorites, but can't read your name because the background is black.

Posted 6 years ago

Bartman
Bartman

whs: I see you got it working, very nice!

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

UFF, Here they are. The conversion was a breeze - took about 3 seconds per song. But the upload was a pain in the butt. And I did not realize the limit of 12 songs at first. So I had converted a lot more. But that's for next time then. http://whs.muxtape.com/

Posted 6 years ago

mysticgeek

@whs:

Awsome! I will add you. Did you end up using dBpoweramp?

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

Ya mysticgeek, I followed your recommendation after jd clarified this matter of free and fee. It is super simple to use and I did not realize that it would convert a file in a couple of seconds. Awsome! Thank you again. The muxtape setup, however, is a little lengthy and it is too bad that you cannot chain several songs together for upload - at least I did not see that option.

Posted 6 years ago

mysticgeek

Yep. I know Muxtape isn't perfect yet ... but they are still in their beginning stages. Yeah I usually don't recommend "pay for" software ... but dBpoweramp is one exception. I love that program. In fact, if you have a dual core processor it is one a few programs that actually will utilize both. I did a write up about it a while ago ... I should probably update it and include more of the features.
http://blogs.howtogeek.com/mys.....dio-files/

Posted 6 years ago

mysticgeek

@Bartman that is cuz Jack is a crazy evil Metal Head! LOL!

Posted 6 years ago

Bartman
Bartman

LOL!

Posted 6 years ago

mysticgeek

We need more people to post their Muxtape!

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

my name doesn't show because i'm invisible :) i'm not sure if i did add you on mine or not i will check

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

@mysticgeek, is there a way to make a second and third tape on Muxtape? I was trying to make one from my classical music collection, but I do not see the option for more than 1. And if I sign in with a second user id, they will probably reject me on the basis of the email address. I guess I could trick it with one of my other emails.

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

2 questions:-

1) Is 20MB the total upload or individual songs?
2) How do I edit a track out of the middle of an mp3 file?

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

To edit a track you can use e.g. Magix Music Cleaning which I once bought. You can also try with Windows Movie Maker. Just import the music and snip away.
As to the 20MB - it looks to me that this is total. Because when I started uploading it said that I had room for 15 songs (I guess based on the size of the first song). But when I was all done, there was only room for 12.

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Oh dear. My songs tend to be quite long :(

Posted 6 years ago

Bartman
Bartman

I believe it's 24 MB per song. I have 12 songs that range from 3 to 6MB each in my tape.

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

I'm just throwing some stuff together that you may have not heard.

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

I think Bartman is right. It must be more than 20MB's. When I add all my songs it is closer to 40MB. But it says about the 24MB per song.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.