The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

Set-up Outlook 2010 WITHOUT Hotmail Connector

(6 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by WillBee
  • Latest reply from Xhi
  • Topic Viewed 2281 times

WillBee

I would like to know if it is possible to set-up a Hotmail account in Outlook 2010 without downloading or using the Hotmail Connector program. Is it?
Thank you.

Posted 1 year ago

hArLtRoN
hArLtRoN

WillBee,

Welcome to HTG.

Is there a particular reason you don't want the Hotmail Connector?

Posted 1 year ago

WillBee

I am trying to set-up Outlook for someone else. Their security does not allow it, even though I think we will be able to set-up Outlook. Neither of us are experts, but she asked me to help set-up Outlook.

Posted 1 year ago

oldgeezer

You can set up the email side of Hotmail in Outlook by simply going through the 'new account' setup procedure, however you will need the 'Connector' if you want to syncronise your contacts. If you don't want to use the connector and are happy to use Outlook to do the whole job then you can export your Hotmail contacts - it gives you a .csv file which can then be imported into Outlook.

Posted 1 year ago

elese

I'm a big Outlook fan, but something has giving me headaches lately. I use Outlook Hotmail Connector to sync mail, contacts, calendar with my Hotmail-WLM account, but for some reason Outlook doesn't keep the info that i use for my outlook contacts. So, here is what I do:

Create the contact in Outlook

Then, I sync my accounts, and in outlook.com appears the contact that I create in Outlook 2010

After invite the contact on Messenger, automatically replaces, adds or deletes info that have created before on Outlook 2010 with the one they use in their accounts, for example, replace the name that I create (Outlook Name) for the one the contact is currently using on their hotmail-WLM accounts, as you see:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9...../lightbox/

After that, I sync again in Outlook 2010, and all the information that I edit is gone! GONE!

So it's really frustrating, because I can't keep my contacts in order. So, is there any chance that I can use my contacts on messenger and don't change my info on outlook? Or there's a way to use outlook without the connector? I've been looking in all places for fix this issue, but nobody seems to know. I hope you can help me.

Thank you.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

@elese: please copy and paste your question in a new topic so members can make a particular answer to you.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!