SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Sequential or random signature statements?

(4 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by bandz
  • Latest reply from bandz
  • Topic Viewed 2257 times

bandz

Some time ago I was in email correspondence with a chap who had his email program set up to choose (either sequentially or randomly - I never found out which) from a list of favorite quotations he used as signatures. Every time he sent an email, a different signature would be added to that post. He said he was using Outlook Express. So was I but I could never figure out how to set it up to do what his did.

I currently have both Windows Mail (which used to be Outlook Express) and gmail. I'd be willing to change to another email provider if what I'm asking can't be done using those programs, but CAN be done with another email program. I'm just trying to get used to Vista on a new computer, but still have my older computer with XP.

To summarize: I have a list of favorite quotations that I'd like to use as signatures. Rather than enter a new signature every time I send an email, I'd like to have a program that will automatically choose a different signature every time I send an email (either choosing them sequentially or randomly from a list I could load would be OK). If anyone can tell me if what I want is possible and how and where to find such a program, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

bandz

Posted 6 years ago

Scott

From http://email.about.com/od/wind.....quotes.htm

"...Quotes can configure Outlook Express, Outlook and Mozilla Thunderbird.
Editing and adding to the quotations used by Quotes is easy..."

Posted 6 years ago

bandz

Thanks, Scott. I've looked at the "Quotes" site and it appears like it will do the job I'm looking for. I'm pretty illiterate when it comes to computers, but I'll see if I can figure out how to navigate my way through their program. If you have any further suggestions or help you can give me on setting this up, I hope you'll do so. Thanks again.

bandz

Posted 6 years ago

bandz

I still haven't been able to set up my email to add a signature from a list of quotations, either sequentially of randomly. I tried through the QuipSig site, Rod Carty <rod@en-consult.ca>, but never could get it to work. All I got was to have ALL my file of quotes (over 100)added together as an email signature, instead of adding the quotes one at a time sequentially or randomly. As I noted above, I'm pretty illiterate when it comesw to computers. Can someone provide me with a step by step lesson in how to do this. I have two computers, one running Windows XP and one with Vista which I neglected to mention before. Is the process the same for each?

bandz
bgandz@commspeed.net

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.