Security Tutorial

(49 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by StringJunky
  • Latest reply from whs
  • Topic Viewed 4066 times

StringJunky
StringJunky

Mark

I don't know how the forum software works so I'm very limited in what I can do...If there can be agreement on the principle someone more knowledgeable could make it prettier. The sticking point seems to be the Suites and AV's so i thought just link people to comparisons to make their own mind up on those...the rest are routinely recommended here. Ideally the links to the AVs and suites would be reliable and reputable ones that update content themselves so maintenance of the list would be minimal. Mike provided the AV links earlier so I presume they are good.

Tony

Posted 3 years ago

marks100
marks100

no worries tony not having a dig, looking good :) fare point ..

mark.

Posted 3 years ago

germ-x
germ-x

To further drizzle's point "sometimes people buy a computer for the first time,and just plug it in and go,it is only when something starts to go wrong they realise,a bit of housekeeping is required"
This happens quite often in our modern day world mainly because the retailer tells the first timer "it has everything". That said, the first timer goes home and plugs it in and yes there is all demo stuff from MSoffice, to Internet protection software of different companies. They don't know how to use it and when the demo period is over they hunt or ask "What can I get". Then they purchase or install the free stuff maybe not what we would recommend but. Then they go to install without uninstalling the demo stuff and this is problem #1.
Then you have the others that as one OP said in a post "I take the easy out".
Things like this are all over and in every culture. "The easy way out" I bet all the old timers can't relate to that. We made decisions based in input from family, friends,and pro's then went ahead and had to figure it out by ourselves. Don't recall a how-to list.

g-x

Posted 3 years ago

whs
whs

That reminds me that a "housekeeping" tutorial for the newcomers would be in order.

Posted 3 years ago

StringJunky
StringJunky

whs

You are probably the best person for this sort of thing...your tutorials are very good and well-written. :)

Tony

Posted 3 years ago

whs
whs

Yeah, but I am currently moving my household from Florida to Germany. Bad time for that sort of thing.

Posted 3 years ago

StringJunky
StringJunky

When you've got sorted In Germany maybe you could have a go...

Posted 3 years ago

LH
LH

He has to get the raft finished first :)

Posted 3 years ago

whs
whs

Yeah, it is hard to find the balsa wood in Florida.

Posted 3 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.