How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

Second operating system problem

(4 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by kingarthur1972
  • Latest reply from supermansghost
  • Topic Viewed 1638 times

kingarthur1972

Hello,

I followed the advice in your article "Install Windows XP on Your Pre-Installed Windows Vista Computer" and everything went crazy. The first two times I tried to install XP by booting from CD after it was installed nothing happened. The 3rd time it DID install it however it didn't ask what partition to put it in it just went ahead and installed it. Now every time I reboot the computer it goes directly to XP with no option for which OS you want. I looked at the various drives and it switched the Vista drive which was C drive before now it's H drive. Another thing, when I installed Vistabootpro when I was still able to access Vista C drive, it didn't do anything except cause a problem when I rebooted the computer it said unable to find bootmanager, I had to put in my Vista dvd and fix the startup problem. Anyway, someone please help me! I'm obviously not a computer geek at all.........

I forgot to add that when I go to the XP it won't connect to the internet at all and I'm always connected to the internet with Verizon Fios

Posted 7 years ago

supermansghost

Did you use the diagnostic feature in vistabootpro to detect the partitions? Also, you can manually add an entry for Vista by using the OS Entries tab.

The reason you can't get on the internet is probably because you don't have the proper network card drivers installed under XP. You should be able to download them on another computer and install them via a flash drive or something.

Posted 7 years ago

alapanadream

i have the same problem but im not getting tab "install bootloader",and intall updates in Manage BCD os.i downloaded Vistbootpro 3.3.o.

Posted 7 years ago

supermansghost

Did you try running the diagnostics?

Posted 7 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.