The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

searching websites in favorites folder

(2 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by NicoleC
  • Latest reply from whs
  • Topic Viewed 612 times

NicoleC

I have a lot of favorites in my "favorites" folder and I have them very well organized. I would like to be able to do a search for subjects within a group of websites, but don't know if this is possible. For example, let's say I have 20 children's crafts websites and they are in a folder labeled "crafts". I love these sites, I'm not interested in finding any more sites like this, but I want to do a search for "autumn" within these 20 websites ONLY and pull up all the crafts that have an autumn theme. I don't want to do a google search (or anything similar) because I could spend hours looking through pages of stuff before I find any of the sites I already know I like and will use. What I currently do is go to each website and search it, but of course this takes a long time too; it would be more productive to be able to search them all at one time. Does anyone know if there is any way to do this?

Note: many of these websites do not have feeds that I can subscribe to.

Thanks for any replies!

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

I do not think that this is possible. In Favorites you only refer to a URL (Webaddress) and not to the content of this website. All your system knows about this website is what appears in the address bar of your browser - and that is not related to the content. E.g. from the URL CNN.com you cannot find the Sunday news. There is a reason why Google and Yahoo have such massive data bases.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!