SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

Search for "days" preceeded by a word that is not "working".

(4 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by ru7of9
  • Latest reply from fastbullet
  • Topic Viewed 821 times

ru7of9

In Word 2007 on Windows XP Pro, I am trying to find all instances of the word "days" that is immediately preceeded by a word that is not "working". Then I want to insert the word "working" between the two original words. I expect it will use the expressions capability but I can not figure out how to do the 'word that is not "working"' part.

Posted 6 years ago

jmcguire

Welcome to HTG.

What I would do is, search for all occurrences of "working days" and replace it with "days."
I would then search for all occurrences of "days" and replace it with "working days."

What this would do is take out all occurrences of the word "working" so that when you went back and added it before all occurrences of the word "days" you would not get any "working working days."

You could also, search for all occurrences of the "days" and replace it with "working days."
Then search for all occurrences of "working working days" and replace it with "working days."

Posted 6 years ago

fastbullet

I would search with the wild card (*) before the word "days" and also add the removal (-working). The command, if I'm remembering it correctly, would simply be *days -working

Edit by mod- please keep such info off our forums.

Posted 6 years ago

fastbullet

Mister Moderator.

Forgive me if I broke some kind of rule. I was offering infomation that I personally and factually know to be available at a particular Public Library.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.