The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Screensaver not functioning

(11 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by psliew5
  • Latest reply from psliew5
  • Topic Viewed 1551 times

psliew5

The screensaver icon in the Personalization Panel displays a STOP sign (a red circle with a slash) resulting in my screensaver NOT functioning as it should be. Is there a way to resolve this error? I'm currently using Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 9.

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

Can you post a picture of what you are seeing (the Stop sign).

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2425702

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

It is better to disable the Screensaver, and have the screen turn itself off instead. Desktop comes back just as quickly.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Mine has a Red circle and the word none. If you click on it and set a screen saver the red circle goes away.

But, I agree with LH. None is best and set the screen to go off instead.

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

psliew5

Hi Xhi, Thanks for your suggestion. The screensaver comes back after clicking on it and setting a 8-min 3D Text. However, both the red circle and the word 'None' still remain there without going away. A message that says "This screensaver has no options that you can set" pops up after clicking on the Settings button. Does this mean that my problem is now solved?

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Something must be wrong if you selected the standard 3D Text screen saver. It does have a settings. It should show immediately in the little monitor and settings should give options as shown. Did you hit Apply??

Posted 1 year ago

psliew5

Please accept my apology for my oversight. The 3D Text screensaver indeed has settings that provide Options that I can set. It is the Bubble s/s that doesn't have Options - My thanks to you Xhi and to all who had posted suggestions to help solve my problem!

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Glad you got it sorted out.

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

A little on screensavers; http://www.howtogeek.com/12864.....necessary/

Posted 1 year ago

psliew5

Thank you vistamike for providing me the link to HTG Explains: Why Screen Savers Are No Longer Necessary which I find it most informative and useful for a novice like me!

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.