How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Screen Freeze

(8 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by floww
  • Latest reply from floww
  • Topic Viewed 513 times

floww

Hi,
basically, the other day my computer started to be slower and slower and it made some annoying noise which I don't believe it's the cooler with dust since I clean my tower frequently... after this the computer started to freeze sometimes and I couldn't move the mouse or CTRL+ALT+DEL... so I just use the shutdown button... and the other day he would turn on and few seconds later he would shut off again as if it didn't have enough power to turn on...

could this be related to my nVidia drivers since I already had problems with the drivers before, like the blue screen error which I fortunately was able to repair thanks to you guys... one more reason for thinkign that it could be drivers is that the other day some error on the right bottom of the screen popped up saying something about my nVidia but I wasn't able to read it since it disappeared in 1 second and right after that my screen freezed.

Hope someone can help me and sorry for my english! :s

Posted 2 years ago

floww

bump.
can any1 help me?

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix

Is the video card fan running ??

Posted 2 years ago

floww

@raphoenix yes, every fan seems to be running... the computer only starts having problems when I play CounterStrike after like half an hour... and then it shuts off and automatically tries to turn up again but then it doesn't have "enough power" and it starts beeping until I just press the shutdown button for a fraction of second a realease it... it shuts down...

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix

I need the make and model number of the machine.

If you Built it, I need machine specs.

Posted 2 years ago

floww

Mainboard : MSI 2A9C
Chipset : Intel H57
Processor : Intel Core i7 870 @ 2933MHz
Physical Memory : 8192MB (4 x 2048 DDR3-SDRAM )
Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
Hard Disk : Seagate ST31000528AS (1000GB)
DVD-Rom Drive : Hewlett-Packard DVD-RAM GH60L
CD-Rom Drive : DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
Monitor Type : Asus ASUS VH242 - 23 inches
Network Card : Realtek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Home Edition Media Center 6.01.7601 Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
DirectX : Version 11.00
Windows Performance Index : 5.9 on 7.9

if you need anything more, tell me.

Posted 2 years ago

floww

I don't understand nothing about the subject but this is the registry of my hardware dump;

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-6022976d.html

Posted 2 years ago

floww

Seems that no one was able to help me, nt anyways.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.