The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Screen flashes in Windows 7

(3 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by lewoods
  • Latest reply from marks100
  • Topic Viewed 964 times

lewoods

I have searched everywhere I can think of for an answer with no success so maybe I'm the only one with this problem. I did a clean install of Ultimate Windows 7 from Vista. Problem: most of the time when I switch between open windows or click too early on something I am opening my screen begins to flash rapidly ( about 10 times/sec) between two windows. On the top bar of the window it says the program is not responding and the open window screen is black. Then it flashes to the screen as it should be. It keeps rapidly flashing back and forth between the two windows and will not stop until I begin clicking all over the screen and in the menu bar at the bottom of the screen.
I have been trying to fix this for months. I've disabled the Aero thing and the transparent thing but it still happens. If anyone in the world can help me with a solution it would be appreciated very much.

Posted 4 years ago

clcamp0331
clcamp0331

lewoods

have you updated your video graphics driver for windows 7 from vista?

clcamp

Posted 4 years ago

marks100
marks100

hi,lewoods
have you tried a system,check or disk check as its known>start>computer>r/click on drive>properties>tools..
you will see check now(button)worth a try,takes a bit of time so have a cupper,. if not post back here.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!