How-To Geek Forums / Off Topic

@ScottW

(12 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by Lighthouse
  • Latest reply from Lighthouse
  • Topic Viewed 1529 times

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Don't try and squeeze out of it. Don't worry. We all have our little fits from time to time

Posted 6 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

A topic in my name? What an honor! :-)

Except I'm in trouble aren't I? You guys want to ban me for my emotional outburst, or my off-topic discussions of French politics. Or was it the joke post where I said I didn't want to help jack7h3r1pp3r?

I just know I've been bad. Making waves, helping too many newbs, being too uppity for a new poster. Alright, I'm guilty! So, what's my punishment?

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

I am not of a position to give you punishment. It was just for a quiet chat I invited you.
Your joke post, was not a joke post. You meant it. Own up and shake hands.

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

You're on double secret probation and in time out. Go to the corner of the room please.
Seriously, uppity outbursts are unacceptable for our friendly forum.

Posted 6 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

Let me be completely serious, for once. The post that I wrote about not wanting to help jack in "How to hide system tray icons", was really an attempt at humor. It was poorly done on my part. I accept that and I'm sorry if I upset anyone.

The emotional outburst that I wrote in "can't see videos" was really how I felt, but it was not directed at anyone -- not a personal attack. I meant it, I own it, and I would love to shake hands with all you guys.

Now if anything I've written (or will write) offends anyone or is inappropriate, please just delete it. You're a mod, Scott, so go for it.

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

ScottW. how old are you please?

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

ScottW, in the heat of the action one sometimes wonders what is going on and makes posts that are borderline. That has happened to me too. I would not worry too much about it. I think you are doing extremely well on the Forum. Let's move on.

Posted 6 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

I'm 40, but my inner child is going on 14. :-)

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

hey scott i forgive you but it really didn't sound like you were trying to be funny other than some of the words at the end

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

At 40. You should be able to read people
And read between the lines (when they write)
Nuff said

Posted 6 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

Thanks, jack, that's very gracious of you.

As whs said, we all mess up sometimes. It's so hard to convey emotions in writing. Speech is so much better, and a F2F better still. So much is lost in text -- no body language, no inflection. I am reminded, again, of the need to be careful what I write.

You only need look at Lighthouse's "washed my mouse" thread to see it. Even something that seems to me too silly to be true will sound plausible to a few other people.

And now back to our regular programming.

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

OK
and arret avec le souri est trompé

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!