@Scott - Moderator

(45 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by raphoenix
  • Latest reply from raphoenix
  • Topic Viewed 2735 times

raphoenix
raphoenix

@whs,

You did not see the moderator's insulting post back to pepsi666.
There was NO reason for it.
It was worse than pepsi666's post.
We were all at fault because we gave the member (NO) help at all.
HTG took a Hard Landing on This One no matter how we excuse it.
Kindest Regards,
Rick P. ♠

Posted 5 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

Bob, not only was that person a bum by the American definition:

2. A lazy or shiftless person, especially one who seeks to live solely by the support of others. 3. An incompetent, insignificant, or obnoxious person

he was also a bum in the British sense -- an ass -- and he was only here to bum an answer, not to learn anything.

Posted 5 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

A bum can also mean a hobo (homeless person)
and without wishing to generalize, he was acting like a hobo in his way of speaking, and his tolerance/patience levels

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

Rick, I guess I did not see the whole story. Some of the dialogue was apparently removed once I got to it. But what I saw, was (to say the least) unusual.

Posted 5 years ago

Scott
Scott

whs, you saw the whole story save for an apology to the OP for not answering his question, as he would have liked it, when he would have liked it.
Period.

Posted 5 years ago

Scott
Scott

Rick, with all due respect, the OP insulted the whole community and then some. It was above and beyond.
Every so often we get an ingrate that doesn't appreciate the time and effort we put in, for whatever reason.
We deal, we move on. It happens.

If you choose to blame me for his indiscretions, thats your prerogative.

Warmest kindness,
Scott

Posted 5 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

We should move this post to off-topic since it's more or less between the forum regulars.

Either way, that guy isn't coming back, and we can only learn from the experience.

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

Scott, there is no need to expand on this any further. YOU DID THE RIGHT THING!!!!!!!

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

well i think i might be glad i missed this one but wow

Posted 5 years ago

BobJam
BobJam

I saved his/her post that Aleeve quoted in part . . . the really obnoxious one. The reason I saved it is because if I told somebody about it, they likely wouldn't believe it. I know I wouldn't believe someone could be that much of a . . . "bum". And if I ever showed it to somebody they'd probably say "Nahhhh . . . you made that up". So I'm really saving it just to prove to myself that someone can really be that dumb.

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

I wonder whether people like this understand that we are not a professional organization where you pay $50 or $100 to get an answer to their problem. After all, we are volunteers who spend countless hours trying to help people to the best of our knowledge - and sometimes the best of our knowledge is just not good enough to come up with an immediate, good answer. But as a whole, I think we are doing quite well and many people have been grateful for the solutions we proposed. If I compare this to the answers one typically gets out of the PC manufacturers help desks, I believe we are doing great. There is absolutely no need to put ashes on our heads. The HTG Forum is a great site - for most everybody - and I hope we can keep it that way.

Posted 5 years ago

Scott
Scott

Amen.

Posted 5 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Round of applause.

Posted 5 years ago

Scott
Scott

What do you think SarahJames would have done? :)

Posted 5 years ago

InDiSent
InDiSent

Dang it. I'm so sick of you guys not answering my question within 30 seconds of me posting it. I don't care what your stupid desktop looks like or what O/S you are running. All i want is an simple freakin answer to my simple freakin question. Geez. So can someone please tell me once and for all....

Why does my wife spend so much time with the gardener in the garage? What the heck are they doing in there anyway? LOL.

I read that post and i completely agree with you Scott.

Posted 5 years ago

BobJam
BobJam

Good one, InDiSent!!

Scott,

I think Sarah would have done the same thing you did . . . or at least I hope she would.

Posted 5 years ago

Scott
Scott

What if your wife IS the gardener and spends too much time in the garage?
Could she...ok, gotta run....

Posted 5 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

...repair the car? Ummm...Good question!

Posted 5 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

Can women repair cars?

I shall add that to my ie vs firefox topic :)

Posted 5 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

I know some that can, some that think they can, and some that can't.
Much the same with guys too!

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!