The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

Scansoft paperport 11 nuisance

(5 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by cookiecrew
  • Latest reply from InterPC
  • Topic Viewed 10564 times

cookiecrew

I have on my system Scansoft paperport 11. This program occupies 131mB space and I have never used it. I'm not even sure where it came from - I'm guessing my Brother printer. I have tried to remove it but am unable to do so without the original disc. If it DID come with the printer, the printer disc is not serving the purpose. I have tried to ask for support from Nuance but am unable to do so without a product key. I've googled it and no-one seems to have any answers regarding its elimination. Can anyone help? I'm starting to feel like this thing is a virus, not a program!

Thanks!

Posted 4 years ago

mickeyblue
mickeyblue

its not a virus, its an actual software, not a very good software but yeah.

if you have tried to remove it via control panel and have had no luck, try a program called REVO uninstaller.

get it here, its free and it works well

www.revouninstaller.com/revo_u.....nload.html

Posted 4 years ago

GKI610
GKI610

If not a virus (it isn't) it is a badly written program according to several reviews that is far inferior to previous versions. Have you tried Revo Uninstaller? Free version is available at download.com.

Posted 4 years ago

podie
podie

Hi cookiecrew, I have just this very minute removed my scansoft paperportII with add and remove programes..
Took a few secs to make its mind up ,but did it anyway....

Posted 4 years ago

InterPC
InterPC

It should not need a disk to be un-installed. As mentioned try using a 3rd party uninstaller to remove it if Windows cannot remove it.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!