Sarah will be away for a couple of weeks

(30 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by SarahJames
  • Latest reply from SarahJames
  • Topic Viewed 1980 times

SarahJames
SarahJames

Hi folks!

As some of you know I'm about to move. Well, the time has finally come to definitely pack all I've got.
(This is august 21) That includes my PC. And my DSL at the new house isn't ready yet. I'll probably get DSL there 15 september, so till then you'll have to do without me:)

All the best and I'll be back soon.
Sarah.

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

Good luck SarahJames.

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Don't strain those tender muscles too much :)

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

Yeah, you need those muscles for typing!

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

we will miss you for sure :)

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

It wasn't the "typing" muscles I was worried about!

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

OK SJ, you can come back now. Please? :)

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

yes we need our mod back things have gone through the roof on here lol because we have no roof here we're just in this cyberspace world on internetness ahhhhhhhh. i've been pixelated help help

Posted 5 years ago

Scott
Scott

jack,

sugar rush?

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

no why :D

i probably didn't have enough lol

Posted 5 years ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

Hi Guys!!!

Missed you, but I'm not back yet :(
DSL isn't working yet and my computer broke down because of the move. That got fixed today, I hope, and DSL will be there is a week or two, so be patient please :D

See ya soon!
Sarah.

Posted 5 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Hi Sarah :) Don't worry! Be happy :)
Not good news about the comp. but I hope everything else is going OK.

Posted 5 years ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

Thanks, LH!
Everything else is going reasonably well and it will be allright in time, I guess:)
Computer got fixed. Hardware problem, but the man told me he 'had fixed my windows'.
Oh boy, I lost all my startup shortcuts, some data (random, no clue why, but I've got a backup, so no worries) and worst of all all my restorepoints have been deleted. Why on earth he did that I can't imagine, but things are working, so I guess I shouldn't worry about it.

DSL still not up, so I'm still not really back!
Got to get back to work.

Cheers,
Sarah.

Posted 5 years ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

Haven't forgotten me, have you?
It's crazy - the DSl is still not up and with it the telephone. So to make an appointment to fix it KPN needs to call me. But my mobile phone has no reach in my new hometown. So I need to be at work. The only place they can reach me. Búúúút .... when at work I can not answer the phone!
Well, I will answer it anyway.
But the KPN just doesn't call.
I even bought a new mobile phone from another provider so I can be reached at my own house.
And this has been going on since september 10! I should have had DSL since september 10.
So image me tearing my hair out, screeming at the walls in my new house, slumping down in total boredom, because it is pitchdark here at about 20.00 hours and I don't have TV, no decent radio, no internet, no telephone ...

OK, ranted enough for one day! LOL

Hope to be back soon ánd I hope you all fare better than I do:)
(Can't remember what my life was like in the eighties when we just didn't have internet, period.)

Cheers,
Sarah.

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

And I always thought that the Netherlands was an efficient country. Well, we have been thinking of you anyhow. Lots of luck.

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

i know that i would go crazy in your situation and we hope to have you back soon :)

Posted 5 years ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

Jippie jippie jee, wow wow wow - it's now 3 november and I should have had my DSL since 10 september, but who's counting ....
Because today it finally happened!!!
A KPN guy finally came by and had it up and running in less then 2 minutes.
So I'm back:)
Move went well all things considered, and the house starts to begin looking like anything I live in (LOL).
It's good living already actually, just not really home yet. All the details will take a couple of months before it's done, but I can't complain:)
New job is pretty neat too. Quite busy at the moment, a colleague has fallen ill and I have to take over some of her classes. So I'll be brief today (yeah right, like that is gonna happen .... LOL)

Cheers!
Sarah.

Posted 5 years ago

Bartman
Bartman

Hi Sarah

Long time no see. Welcome back!

Posted 5 years ago

Scott
Scott

Woowoo, groot Heinekens on Sarah :p

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

welcome back :D

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.