How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Runtime error!

(21 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by tomo
  • Latest reply from Xhi
  • Topic Viewed 1519 times

tomo
tomo

I have a problem with my Dell 580 windows7 PC Pro the first things is i cant login in to get onto anything on my pc.
It froze no keyboard working nor the mouse so i went to the Dell DataSafe local Backup to scan to see if there was anything wrong and
what came up was " RUNTIME ERROR!
Program: X:\windows\system32\restore7.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact sopport team for more information

What wrong with my PC please help me please im begging you guys i have things i need for my little company
Thank you

Posted 1 year ago

shakes
shakes

can you boot in safe mode..?
restart windows and press 'F8' and do a 'system restore'

Posted 1 year ago

tomo
tomo

Shake I can't do anything Im confused and i want to know whats wrong .

I tried in the F8 menu:
ADAVANCE BOOT OPTION for WINDOWS 7
Repair Your Computer
Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Enable boot logging (but it froze at windows 7 user login)
Enable Low Resolution video (640x480
Last Known Good Configuration (advanced)
Debugging Mode
Start windows Normally

The Advance Boot Opiton I DIDN'T DO
Safe Mdoe with Comm Prompt
Directory Services Restore Mode
Disable automatic restart on system failure
Disable Driver signature Enforcement

Please tell me what to do SHAKE what else can i do please tell me

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Please tell us what happens when you choose Safe Mode from the Advanced options menu.

Posted 1 year ago

tomo
tomo

nothing freezes

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

If nothing freezes in safe mode then open up a Run box and type msconfig uncheck everything in the start up tab except your AV.

Reboot and see if it goes through ok.

Posted 1 year ago

tomo
tomo

Ok i will do that now and thank you for your help Guity Spark

Posted 1 year ago

tomo
tomo

Ok about Safe Mood when i did it it went to a loading page then back to my sign in window then it froze but i cant seem to open up a Run box and type msconfig uncheck so how do i do it and I'm sorry about not CHecking the Safe mood i thought I did and what i meant about what i said about NOTHING FREEZES it does nothing but FREEZES SO PLEASE TELL WHAT I SHOULD DO PLEASE SOMEPNE HLEP ME

Posted 1 year ago

Ruja

Use this method to recover your important files first: http://www.howtogeek.com/forum.....?replies=1

From the "System Recovery Options" window where the Command Prompt is opened, you can perform a System Restore too. Try to restore your PC to a time before these problems appeared.

Posted 1 year ago

tomo
tomo

Hi Ruja will this work for Windows 7 Pro because thats what i have

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

@tomo, If you want to try it now, it should work. Follow Ruja post above though, all of it.

Posted 1 year ago

Ruja

It will work, but make sure you download the appropriate architecture, i.e. 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x86-64 or x64), get the same one you have currently installed, if you download the other one you may not be able to restore.

Posted 1 year ago

tomo
tomo

Raju idont understand i downloaded it on to my laptop but its only 2.33 mbs so how do i put it on dvd so i can fix my Pc Please help me

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Actually it is 2.4GB not MB if you got it from the link provided. It should have an extention of .iso. You need to write it to disk using ImgBurn simply select the file you downloaded and the drive with the blank DVD and click write.

Posted 1 year ago

tomo
tomo

but on the site it doesnt say press to download so how do i do it right how do i download so i can get it right remeber my pc freeze at sign in window i just to be clear with everyone

Posted 1 year ago

tomo
tomo

and what if my pc uses 32 bit and 64 bits (both) do i download both which one do i download thanks

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

You click on the appropriate link on the page for the language and bit configuration of your computer. You do that from a computer that works. Then you take the DVD to your computer and Boot from it.

Posted 1 year ago

tomo
tomo

and it said to use it i have to pay for the product key and i dont have one so what else to do

Posted 1 year ago

tomo
tomo

i went to the C:\ Administrator:X\windows\system32\cmd.exe screen then i put in BOOTREC/FIXBOOT and it saids The operation compleled successfully then I put scanOs and it said Successfully scanned windows installations and the total of identifed windows installation is 0then it said The operation compleled successfully so what now

Posted 1 year ago

tomo
tomo

So I did a startup repair and it said that the Registry is corrupted than it said
Repair action: System Restore
Result: Failed. Error code =ox1f and
Repair action: Registry roll back
Result: failed. Error code = ox2o
so what do i do now PLease help me someone

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.