The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

running wmutil.exe for Windows Mail

(2 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by mtnpilot
  • Latest reply from mtnpilot
  • Topic Viewed 3783 times

mtnpilot

I am trying to help an elderly friend (by long distance phone) who has a stuck message in their outbox, preventing Windows Mail from sending. I have downloaded and used the "wmutil" on my Vista system and it works well for me. However, they seem to be unable to get it to run, I have talked them through it step by step, but when they double click the wmutil.exe, windows says the program has a problem running and needs to close. We have removed it and retried downloading and unzipping several times. Sometimes when you try to unzip, Windows will say it has determined this is an unsafe program and refuses to let you continue. Finally got it to unzip to a folder on several tries, but then you get the "problem and needs to close" when you try to run it. Task Manager shows no WM processes before trying to run. Is there anything that can be done to enable it to run? Would appreciate any help. Thanks

Posted 6 years ago

mtnpilot

I would also be interested to know if anybody has found another way to remove a stuck message in the outbox, without having to use the wmutil program. I can't believe Microsoft hasn't put out a patch to fix this problem as it seems to be an epidemic among Windows Mail users. Thanks again.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!