How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

rtl8139 dont start

(3 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by zikmoshe
  • Latest reply from ispalten
  • Topic Viewed 439 times

zikmoshe

on win7 I can start the internet only in safe mode + lan
After I reinstall the driver after reboot I got the msg: cant start the driver, error code 10
Tryed to run msconfig, and found Google update as the trouble, removed it from the list, and was ok
Next day tha thibg happened only the Googll update was not on
Tried to stop allstarup programs,no help

Posted 4 years ago

GKI610
GKI610

Which driver are you install/reinstall & having trouble starting?

Posted 4 years ago

ispalten
ispalten

Error 10 messages are usually Device Manager related. Sounds like you've got some registry problems?

I'd try UNINSTALLING the DRIVER and DELETING the device and re-booting. Windows should find the device again and install drivers. Rather than letting it use what it finds, point to the ones you got. Maybe that will correct it?

If that doesn't work, tell us more. Is this a NIC or embedded device on the motherboard (suspect it is a RealTek on the motherboard)?

Also explain how you decided Google Update was the problem?

Normally, I wouldn't expect a startup program to kill the internet connection other than some virus, but usually those DO want the internet connection so data could be sent from your computer. Have you scanned it with an A/V or Malware program?

If it continues after that, please check the EVENT VIEWER for an error and post the details for that here.

Irv S.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!