The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Site Suggestions

RSS Help to create RSS Feed

(6 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by jthatcher79
  • Latest reply from jmeeks49
  • Topic Viewed 571 times

jthatcher79

OK - so with the demise of Google Reader, I'm kind of in a pinch here to figure out how to do what I want. I've got several RSS Feeds that were coming into Google Reader, I would star the ones that I liked, IFTTT would then pickup those and send that to Pinboard which would create another RSS (outbound) feed to feeburner to email to a distribution list.

Lots of work, but it was one of the fastest ways for me to find the news articles that were pertinent to my group and disseminate... now with Google Reader going away, I'm looking for advice on how to either substitute something in it's place that would also work OR find a way to eliminate some of the middle man items here and just highlight inbound RSS items to create an outbound RSS list... My first preference would be web based (with android app support), but I'm not to sure what other solutions other than Google could do this seamlessly...

HELP!!!

Thanks - James

Posted 1 year ago

The Geek

Well there's probably a thousand solutions, and it is all going to depend on what you're using to read.

Personally I'd probably do Delicious bookmarks -> feedburner email.

Posted 1 year ago

jthatcher79

OK - but all we're doing here is replacing pinboard with delicious right? I mean, how do I get the inbound RSS feeds highlighted and sent to delicious/pinboard -- i.e. what you were saying about a reader - that's where my real crux is, going from Google Reader to something else that can do this pretty easily.

Posted 1 year ago

The Geek

Find a reader that allows you to send to Delicious. Or, ideally, find a reader that provides an RSS feed of all your shared/bookmarked items.

It really depends on what reader you're planning on using - I'd figure that out first, and then a solution will be more easy to figure out.

Posted 1 year ago

jthatcher79

I think that's more what I'm looking for is recommendations to do that :)

sorry - I guess I took the long way around to say that...

Posted 1 year ago

jmeeks49

James,

here is a list of readers from cnet that might help http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-1.....ernatives/ these may help i don't know.

John

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.