How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Rotating Windows display

(4 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by shaneob86
  • Latest reply from shaneob86
  • Topic Viewed 2392 times

shaneob86

Hi,

I am using Windows 7 on a Sony VAIO VGN-AR51M and I am wondering if you know of a way of enbaling rotation of the display so I can use my external monitor in portrait mode.

Ctrl+Shift+Left/Right/Up/Down doesn't work. Using a program called "iRotate" doesn't work either.

Using Vista it took myself many hours of searching before I found a registry tweek and then iRotate did the job. However since I clean installed Windows 7 I don't know what to change in the registry to enable it again.

I have e-mail Sony and they have said that rotation is not possible even though I did it before.

I am using an Nvidia 8400M GT GPU, but the control panel does not offer me any rotating option.

I came across a forum that mentioned to change the registry entry "RotateFlag" from 1 to 4 (which may have been what I did before, but I am not sure), but that didn't work.

If you have any suggestions to help me with this matter, I would be very grateful.

Posted 4 years ago

shaneob86

I finally remembered what I did before. I just deleted the "RotateFlag" key in the registry, restarted and now iRotate works fine!

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

shaneob86. Welcome, and thanks for the feedback. Sorry you did not not get a response from here :(

Posted 4 years ago

shaneob86

No problem. I know it's not an issue that comes up alot. It must be a Sony policy not to allow roation by default.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!