How-To Geek Forums / Off Topic

Romancing The Wind

(12 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by warlock
  • Latest reply from nell
  • Topic Viewed 516 times

warlock
warlock

The guy flying the 3 kites is in his 80s, and he's from Canada. He comes to the Washington State International Kite Festival every year. His skin is like leather as he normally flies with his shirt off. He is deaf, so when he flies we hold our hands up and wave them for applause. He flies 2 with his hands and the 3rd one is attached to his waist. Enjoy!

You must watch to the end to see the amazing landing of that last kite! I would have those kite’s so tangled up, you could never get them separated again! And of course, make sure the volume is turned up because the music is wonderful and totally reflects the soaring of the kits. Beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=nr9KrqN_lIg

Posted 1 year ago

Drizzle
Drizzle

As you say amazing!!! Very talented, Nice find Thank you.....

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

That guy is not just good, He is "expletive deleted" good.

I went to a kite fest once in Dorset UK. And they had a charity thing going on, where you paid UK£1, and they took your teddy bear (mine went everywhere with me) and put on a harness with parachute, attached it to the line of a big kite high in the sky. They travelled up the line as if by magic. On hitting the stop at the top, the bear was automatically released, and gently floated back to earth. And the bear gets a nice certificate too (with his/her name on)

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

@LH, That would be nice if they still did that. Guessing it wasn't recently unless you still carry your teddy with you:)

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

That particular bear (called T3) was kidnapped by Belgian kids a few years later :(

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Bullies!

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Another one I had (called Monza) now resides on a shelf behind the bar, of a pub in Le Mans.
The last 3, 2 sheep, and 1 bear, I still have.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Probably a story behind how Monza ended up in a pub. Nice you still have your other three old friends though.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

There is a pic somewhere in OT of them. Posted for Sarah.

Posted 1 year ago

Ted16
Ted16

One word to describe that. FABULOUS.

Thanks Joe will send on to the Grandchildren.

Ted

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

OH! WOW!

When my sister and brother-in-law were cleaning out my parents house a few years ago, she came across the old panda bear I had when I had when I was a child. That thing is almost 60 years old! I'm keeping it until I die. By then, my granddaughter may be old enough to appreciate it's antiquity.

Posted 1 year ago

nell

Wonder how he got them into the air into the first place. I have had to run like hell even on a windy day to try unsuccessfully to get just one kite in the air. His control was fantastic, pity not more people stopped to see him. Great to see.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.