The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

Road Runner Wireless Modem/Router

(3 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by poppy101
  • Latest reply from ispalten
  • Topic Viewed 4702 times

poppy101

How can I access the administration panel for the Road Runner Wireless Modem/Router?
It has no brand name or model number on it. I want to change the network name and key.
It is the older model, about 3 years old, with ports to wire connect 4 computers.

Posted 3 years ago

dennisp909

Try typing in the address bar of your browser after clearing all of http:// (address) this - 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1 and press enter to access your router. If this doesn't work there may be another code. You probably also need to know the network name (SSID) and security key or password that you go online with. Hope this helps maybe some one else can add to this.

Posted 3 years ago

ispalten
ispalten

If the above didn't help, get the make and model of the device and post that please.

I have Road Runner and they come in via my CABLE MODEM. I have my own router though?

Under Vista, what do you see when you look at the Network and Sharing Center and click on VIEW MAP? You should see a device between your 'switches' and the 'World' (Internet). Hover your mouse over that device and you'll get its NAME and IP ADDRESS you can use above.

When double clicked it will open up your web browser and probably ask for a UID and P/W. If it IS a standard router, than usually the DEFAULT UID and P/W is all that would be required (differs by MFG.). If not, you'll probably have to call RR's support to get that info.

Irv S.

Posted 3 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!