The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Apple / OS X

ripping one movie version from DVD with three archived ones

(6 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by anasazi4st
  • Latest reply from ding2chanlin
  • Topic Viewed 1125 times

anasazi4st

I have the four-DVD 2007 "Blade Runner" Collector's Edition set. I have a MacBook Pro (2007) and I'd like to rip the International Cut movie version, found on Disk 3. I've tried Handbrake, DVD Ripper and MacX DVD Ripper Pro. None of them will rip the version I'm looking for.

Opening the folder has a mishmosh of DVD files--there aren't three clear titles, just a lot of VOB, IFO, etc. files. The apps will select a version (there are usually three files listed as options to rip, I've tried all three), I start the rip...and it's invariably the same one, looks like the Director's Cut version.

Can anyone provide some help or insight on how to do this? TIA.

--anasazi4st

Posted 2 years ago

owen123
owen123

Try Mac The Ripper

Posted 2 years ago

Annaa
Annaa

You could get MacTheRipper to have a try, besides DVD Shrink and enolsoft dvd ripper also worth a try, these programs did nice work for my dvd conversions, if still don't work, maybe you should check if your DVD have bad track~

Posted 2 years ago

anasazi4st

@owen123: The link is for a download page that offers MacTheRipper for PPC Macs with OSX 10.2 and above. I have a MacBook Pro with 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processors running Lion, which no longer offers support for PPC software.

@Annaa: There are no bad tracks on the DVD, all movies play fine both on MacBook Pro and Samsung DVD player. The Video-TS folder contains a variety of VOB, IFO and so on files, as I mentioned previously. It's a copy protection scheme. My question was more about if there is an easier way to extract the movie I want rather than rip all three of them.

I did try DVD Shrink on another "problem" disk, with success. Haven't tried it on the Blade Runner DVD Box Set second disk, however.

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions.

Posted 2 years ago

owen123
owen123

Well apart from that you could try running DVD Flick In Wineskin (Tutorial)

Posted 2 years ago

ding2chanlin

You should look into the detailed guide about handbrake or dvd ripper.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.