The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Right click command

(6 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by lorac
  • Latest reply from whs
  • Topic Viewed 376 times

lorac

I have Incredimail. When using IE I get a right click option to add an image to the style box in Incredimail. (I don't get this option with any other browser)
We used to get this option in Windows Explorer (Folders) with the old Incredimail but now we dont. Is there a way to get this right click option to work in folders?

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

lorac hi. Get rid of Incredimail. It is spyware.

Posted 1 year ago

lorac

Hi Lighthouse, thats a misconception. I've used it now for 10 years and have never had any problems with it. I run a help group for those that do but they are almost certainly problems to do with the uses abusing it by overloading it with images/stationery. I also use Paintsop to make stationery for it so without I'd be lost.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Nothing I like better that an e-mail that comes on pretty stationary.

<-------{removes tongue from cheek}
I have fixed many a computer infected with the problems of Incredimail. Some folks get away with it, most do not. It's a chance I do not recommend folks taking. In any event either the right click menu is there or it is not. That would be under the control of Incredimail. The solution would be to unload and reload it. Check with other folks who use it, perhaps on an Incredimail forum, and see if they have the problem.

Posted 1 year ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

Spyware / rootkits is something different than having a problem with Incredimail.
The program itself works fine, I don't doubt that, but it installs rootkits and steals information from your computer.
Why on earth would you want that???

Btw. you can use stationary in Windows Mail and just about any other emailclient I know too. This site was written for Outlook Express, but Windows Mail offers exactly the same possibilities.
No rootkits, no spyware and lovely stationary.

I must say I stopped using stationary myself. It rarely is seen by the recipient they way it was intended, it bloats the emailmessage and it is what you have to say that matters.
And even then people prefer emailmessages to be short and to the point - we all tend to get way too much email each day as it is.

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

Besides being a malware transport, Incredimail is an internet polluter. It blows up a simple mail of a few KBs to a lot of MBs.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!