How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

Return To Home Premium Question

(3 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by ronnieg56
  • Latest reply from ronnieg56
  • Topic Viewed 1527 times

ronnieg56
ronnieg56

I was running Vista Home Premium and all was fine. I had been eyeing Ultimate as an upgrade choice for a while and a friend of mine had purchased Ultimate Upgrade for himself and decided he didn't want it.

Instead of him returning it unopened to the store I decided to upgrade myself. I bought it from him and installed it, all went fine and I am running Ultimate now.

What I should of noticed before I decided to upgrade was that there were large differences between Home Premium and Ultimate that I would be taking advantage of.

Here is my question. I have not activated Ultimate yet and have 26 more days to decided before I enter the new product key. Since I am finally realizing that I really don't need Ultimate and my friend is willing to refund my money, can I go back to my Home Premium? If so, can someone direct me on how to do so? If not, I guess I will just have to activate Ultimate.

Thank you.

Posted 6 years ago

Antman
Antman

Can you roll back to a restore point before you did the upgrade? I doubt that would work but it's worth a try I suppose.

There are threads here and here that touch on a similar issue, but there's not a definitive answer, I'm afraid. As you've probably found out, when you Google 'Vista downgrade' it's mostly about downgrading to XP, and not to another version of Vista itself.

Do you have the original Home Premium disk or recovery disk? You could do a clean install of Home Premium with the disk if you have your files backed up and don't mind reformatting. You could try the recovery disk as well and see what options you get when you run it.

Posted 6 years ago

ronnieg56
ronnieg56

Thanks for your reply.

After using Ultimate for a while I decided to activate and keep it.

I can make use of some of the added features, especially the fax/scan program, which works pretty good.

I figured it would be too much work to roll back to Home Premium. After using Ultimate I have grown to like it so I am keeping it.

Thanks again for your reply!

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!