The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Restoring corrupted data

(4 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by lalalolly
  • Latest reply from whs
  • Topic Viewed 270 times

lalalolly

I have a harddrive which has become corrupted and am looking to restore the data.

I used minitool power data recovery and this found all of my files. I then clicked save files and it gave me a nice folder on my functioning hard drive which contained all the folders I asked for, however they were all empty! I have done this twice, saving to different places and recovering different files but still the folders are just empty when they contain all the files I want in the minitool software.

Help?

(I run windows 7 64bit, and minitool power data recovery 6.5)

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

See whether you have am earlier restore point. You can recover them from there. Here is how.

Posted 1 year ago

lalalolly

I'm not sure what you mean. This is a corrupted hard drive that cannot boot, system restore or chkdsk. It is being run externally on a functioning computer. That is why I am using data recovery software.

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

Check it attached to the functioning PC. Shadow Explorer may find the restore points. I am not 100% sure though because I have never tried that with a corrupted disk. If the MFT is all messed up, it will probably not work.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.