The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - resize screens

(13 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Martijn130
  • Latest reply from Martijn130
  • Topic Viewed 377 times

Martijn130

I recently ran in some problems with my computer and now i have the problem that I can't resize my screens anymore with the start-key and an arrow, therefor I'm wondering if there is a way to fix this problem.

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

The screen resolution you adjust here: Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display\Screen Resolution

But if you are talking about resizing a browser window, it is CTL and +

Start Key and Arrow is the snap function. Try to move the window all the way to the left (or right)

Posted 1 year ago

Martijn130

The screen reolution isn't the problem, the problem is that when you open for example internet and press the start-key and the right button the screen goes to the right. This shortcut doesn't work for me.

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

See my added last line

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

Methinks the OP is talking about using the Windows key and the arrow keys. While holding down the Windows key, pressing the up and down keys will maximize and minimize the active window. The left and right arow keys will also minimize the window, then snap it from left to ring or right to left with a center position between. A cool trick that I keep forgetting about because I'm so used to using the mouse.

Edit: I'm going back to bed! This the second post in a many minutes that got crossposted. ;)

Posted 1 year ago

Martijn130

That's the problem I'm having, I've also tried to move the screen with my mouse but that works neither.

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

So your snap function does not work. Did you recently install a program that could have disabled that.

You can try SFC/SCANNOW in cmd. Maybe that can fix it.

Posted 1 year ago

Martijn130

Last week I restored my entire laptop and now the snap-functions doesn't work anymore.
I've tried SFC/SCANNOW but that works neither.

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

What I have found in 7 using the winkey + arrow keys is that it fails once minimised in that the win+arrow option dies, a pain because it was quite a useful 'function'

Not found a resolve for it, but you mentioned start key + arrows, so you may need to edit your post regarding this anomoly

Mike

Posted 1 year ago

Martijn130

when i'm dragging the screen it also doesn't maximalises on the side, the aero snap functions doesn't work

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

How about a system repair.

Posted 1 year ago

ronniesonora

Martijn130, I don't know if this will help or not but can check it out. http://www.sevenforums.com/tut.....n-off.html

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

Martijn130

Thanks for the help it worked

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!