SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Build Your Own PC

(Solved) - Reset SSDs Back to Factory Condition ??

(4 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by raphoenix
  • Latest reply from raphoenix
  • Topic Viewed 3117 times

raphoenix

I've been off line making a Big Build for the past few days.

Am now at the point that I want to restore back to factory condition some M4 SSDs before loading Windows 7.

Have tried all the programs we once used such Secure Erase, Parted Magic, etc.... using Boot USBs.

None can find the M4s on the Sata Ports on the new Ivy Bridge or on the old updated Sandy Bridge Chipsets.

They race through their proceedures and I just end up with a binking cursor on a black screen with nothing being secure erased.

The SSDs were working fine when I took them out of one machine to switch to another and they are still good.

I just need to reset them and nothing I've posted in the past will work with the Intel Generation 3 chipset MBs.

Anyone Reset any SSDs Very Recently or have any thoughts or CURRENT Information Links ???????

My Build is at a stand still until I can get these SSDs Reset and I will not clean install Windows 7 over Dirty SSDs. :(

Thanks,

Rick P.

Posted 2 years ago

ronniesonora

raphoenix, have you looked at this http://howto.cnet.com/8301-113.....ssd-drive/

Accepted Answer · Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix

What is happening there is the author is Zeroing the SSD which I can do with DiskPart.

I think GParted ISO with Rufus is way to go on this as HDD4er~1.exe in Dos Boot USB no longer works and Zeroing an SSD is not the way to go.

Thanks for suggestion.

Rick P.

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix

@ronniesonora,

My Mistake !!!!

Parted Magic as YOU posted is what I needed. :) :)

Did the trick and was FAST !!!!

Is 00:34 my time here and still Building. (LOL)

Not a bad Build but a Looonnng Build.

Those Zalman CNPS9900NT Copper Coolers took a whole day to mount on the MBs.

Also the Updated Asus Drivers for Windows 8 were not on the installation CD so download time was hours and hours.

THANKS,

Rick P.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.