The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Site Suggestions

Resending Registration Confirmation

(3 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by failedregistration
  • Latest reply from failedregistration
  • Topic Viewed 1375 times

failedregistration

I tried to register with this site and never received my confirmation letter. The letter may have been received, but automatically deleted by my spam filter. After turning off the filter I went to the site to resend the confirmation letter. I was not able to find an option for that or for lost/forgotten passwords. Then I looked for some way to contact a human behind site and came up empty. I tried to post a help question and was directed to the sign up/login screen. I signed up for the Newsletter in the slim chance that that might lead me human contact, but the Letter's sending address does not accept mail Finally, I had to open a new hotmail account and sign up again. I found the confirmation letter in the Junk Box and completed the registration process.

Question: Did I miss something? What is a better way to contact t the site for such a problem? My half registered account with my proper mail address is under the user name szaemon. Could I get help please, to activate this account?

Suggestion: Add a link (or if it's there make it more obvious) for sending lost passwords.

Posted 5 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

There's a contact us link at the bottom of every page.

Posted 5 years ago

failedregistration

Yup! It's there. Thanks and my apologies for not seeing the obvious.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.