How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Requesting help with firefox and tabs

(2 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by lilsting10
  • Latest reply from taybay
  • Topic Viewed 973 times

lilsting10

Hi,

Below is a mock-up of the solution I need help implimenting. Please bare with me as I try to explain the entire situation.

I currently have a host of FireFox extensions, but the two I'm going to talk about are 'All In One Sidebar' and 'Toolbar Buttons'. As you can see from the below altered screen shot, on my main toolbar I have the normal Back/Forward/Stop/Refresh buttons, and then I have added 'Open Last Closed Tab/Open New Tab/Show Downloads'. Underneath these on the Bookmarks Toolbar I have buttons for 'Show Bookmarks/History/Add-Ons', and some others which are from extensions that I've installed looking to a solution to my problem, but aren't correct.

The 'All In One Sidebar' allows some FF features to open in a nice, neat sidebar as opposed to their own little windows (as pictured). I really like this, as I find it a lot more fluid to open my Downloads/Bookmarks/History/Installed Add-Ons List all in the same place when I need them, and without really taking me away from the FF window I'm working in.

I've searched through various 'Tab extensions', but I simply cannot find one that would allow me to open the list of my currently open tabs inside the a-i-o-sidebar. Actually the 'Tab Sidebar' extension does do this, but it shows thumbnails of each tab, whereas I just want an in-order list. I'm not sure how to achieve the effect that is shown in my mock-up screenshot, can anyone offer any suggestions?

Posted 6 years ago

taybay

Check this out. It's not a sidebar that you can open and close, but it shifts all your tabs to the right or left; your choice. It's a bit intensive but very worth it. I have a laptop with a wide screen, and this is the best hack I've ever found.

http://jrweare.googlepages.com/browser2.0

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.