The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - rename photos with EXIF info in filename

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by JoshH
  • Latest reply from JoshH
  • Topic Viewed 618 times

JoshH

I would like rename my photos with using EXIF tags. I need put some specific information into filename (something like DSC0001_F4.4.jpg - here F4.4 is focal ratio)and I 'm wondering how to do this...of course in bulk/batch mode. Does anyone have any ideas how to do this ?

Posted 1 year ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

Hi JoshH,

Welcome to HTG :)
**** but I'll do some searching for you later on if you want to to find an alternative (I know of at least one other app that does things like this, but I forgot the name, will have to look for it in my archives ;D).
Might be a day or so before I have the time to look for it.

Cheers,
Sarah

Had to edit the program I mentioned, since it isn't available on the net anymore and the links that do post it only contain nasties.

Posted 1 year ago

cndoke

Another free program you might like is AmoK Exif Sorter. Located here

Posted 1 year ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

The program cndoke offers looks promissing, but does need Java runtime environment and you might ask yourself if you want to install that.

Posted 1 year ago

JoshH

Thank you very much!
I have installed Windows 7 x64 and I have java installed as well,I tried run Exif Sorter...but nothing. AmoK Exif Sorter doesn't launch on my machine. I tried x86 and x64 version. Nothing.
And then my friend found one more tool called BatchFileRenamer here (Official site here) The last one tool works a little bit slow and has some "intresting" UI, but it works for me... Now I can do what I need. In any case thanks a lot.
I will mark this thread as solved.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!