(Solved) - Remove Windows Genuine Advantage Notification(6 posts)
- View Accepted Answer
- Remove Solved Status
How to Stop Installation Wizard from installing Windows Genuine Advantage Notification
1. When you see the window for installing the Genuine Advantage Notification software click cancel.
2. Go to "My Computer.
3. Click on "Local Disk", usually it's C:\.
4. Go to folder "Windows."
5. Go to folder "system32."
6. Look for the folder KB905474 and click it to see the files inside.
7. Verify that the folder contains files that have "WGA" or “Genuine Notifications" in the filenames.
8. Delete the folder KB905474. This stops the Installation Wizard from installing Windows Genuine Advantage Notification.
9. Empty the Recycle Bin just to make sure Windows doesn't retrieve the deleted folder.
This topic has been closed to new replies. Please create a new topic instead.