SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - remove password,at start screen..

(12 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by marks100
  • Latest reply from marks100
  • Topic Viewed 930 times

marks100
marks100

hi all could anyone tell me how to remove password at very start,after turning power i think its a registered
password for hdd,ive got into advanced boot screen,by pressing f12..but cant seem to get rid of it i now have 2 passwords to put in.

Posted 4 years ago

Santo
Santo

If you are referring to the BIOS password then you should able to disable it from the BIOS > Advanced. However if you could tell us the make and model number of your computer, we will be able to search for it.

Posted 4 years ago

marks100
marks100

hi,santo
make:toshiba,model:L300-20d,(satellite). il try the above as well and get back,.

Posted 4 years ago

marks100
marks100

hi santo
yeh tried the advanced tab in f12 screen,still no joy wont let me change just ask's me 4 current pass,then new..so i type in same as normal,then ask's me to confirm..but still cant disable will try toshiba site and get back.

Posted 4 years ago

aldistuck

When it asks you for new password just leave blank.

Posted 4 years ago

marks100
marks100

hi,
aldistuck tried that no joy going to try extracting (pdf-toshiba..manual from my vista restore disks)i made before,
upgrading to win,7get back and let you know,result.

Posted 4 years ago

marks100
marks100

me again
tried extracting manual from vista recovery disk's ...could'nt find them they are there???somewhere
as ive put on my other computer,will have another look.

Posted 4 years ago

aldistuck

If its a bios password and since it did not work for you to just enter nothing and you cannot find a disable option, all I can come up with is to turn the system off, open the case and remove the battery on the motherboard or set the reset jumper on the motherboard. Turn the system on then off again and replace everything to default. Resetting the bios will get rid of the password.

Posted 4 years ago

ispalten
ispalten

Check the TOSHIBA site for your model's manuals. Might get some info in there about BIOS P/W's.

Irv S.

Posted 4 years ago

marks100
marks100

alright,i spalten
will try there ...if i can get on to there site,got one this morning wanted £12 to answer my query...havin a
giggle i think.

Posted 4 years ago

marks100
marks100

hi spalten
managed to get on toshiba site left message in there forum asking same question....anyway browse through
the site came across an article. apparently the password im trying to remove can only be removed by toshiba dealer 'cant believe that' security reasons anyway not giving up.i could if worst comes to worst i could change
second/or first to make it harder for anybody to access my pc.

Posted 4 years ago

marks100
marks100

hi all
all sorted,....ok now. its like,aldi stuck above (about leaving it blank he was nearly right(cheers)but a bit different:-when you enter F12 screen# select>security>down to hdd,password type your password>then your asked to put your new password in type,same one,.>then your asked to confirm your new password.....simply (exit/or hit esc ) to enable type in when asked to confirm.
thanks all for your time and patient's #on my xp it was F2

Accepted Answer · Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!