The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Remove of permission of my file

(2 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by PerKakah
  • Latest reply from MrJinje
  • Topic Viewed 948 times

PerKakah

Before that, i use windows vista ultimate 32bit.. when i installed windows 7 ultimate 32bit (new format, not upgrade) my file cant be open.. after complete install, i try to open that folder, windows alert me dont have a permission, so i try take owner of that, that work but just to folder, not to file in there, it still can be read, that file its picture, video, documents and other... but i realy2 want to use that file back.. someone please help me..

Posted 5 years ago

MrJinje

I assume your Windows is not in english, otherwise disregard, this only helps people with Non-English windows.

As previously posted to the Geek, the TakeOwnership.reg post should be altered to a language independent method.

http://www.howtogeek.com/forum.....ost-119543

TakeOwnership.reg

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas]
@="Take Ownership"
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas\command]
@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant *S-1-5-32-544:F"
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant *S-1-5-32-544:F"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas]
@="Take Ownership"
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas\command]
@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant *S-1-5-32-544:F /t"
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant *S-1-5-32-544:F /t"

I'm sure he'll either update the main post, or prove the saying true, "you can't teach an old geek new tricks".

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.