The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Remote Procedure Call Failed and Did Not Execute

(4 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by lathesiab
  • Latest reply from Scott
  • Topic Viewed 6917 times

lathesiab

Since you guys have been so amazing at helping me, I come with another computer problem :)

I have windows 7 and yesterday I was trying to organize my file folders. I wasn't doing anything all that major-just trying to rename pictures, gifs, school essays, saved pdf's and delete the ones I didn't need anymore. I was using the old right click and save method. And then it froze. And I got a message that Windows Explorer crashed and needed to be restarted. It restarted, I tried to pick up where i left off. It shut down again and restarted again. I left it alone.

Today I wanted to go into My Computer to look at something and I got a message that the Remote Procedure Call Failed and Did Not Execute. I had no idea what that meant so I googled a bit. I then went to Start, typed run, went to services. msc. It was showing as automatic and started. The Remote Procedure Call Locater was showing as manual. I started it. Still can't go into My Computer, Control Panel or anything like that BUT items pinned to the taskbar will work and if I right click and save anything windows launches so i can save it to the appropriate folder.

Should I just shut down and restart the computer? Will the computer even restart? Any ideas why this is happening?

System Specs
Windows Edition: Windows 7 Home Premium
Service Pack 1

Manufacturer: Dell
Model: Vostro 320
Rating: 3.4
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5500 @2.80GHz 2.79GHz
Installed Memory(RAM) 2.00 GB
System Type: 32 Bit Operating System
Pen and Touch: No Pen or Touch input is available for this display

Posted 1 year ago

scorpion99
scorpion99

go to Start --> Run and type eventvwr
Open the event viewer and try to see the system and applications logs , Finding the error log might help us to solve the issue.

Posted 1 year ago

lathesiab

Okay...I have it open...and now what? I have no clue how to use or read the event viewer. I don't see anything in the application or system logs that says anything about remote procedure call.

How do I copy this so you guys can see it?

Posted 1 year ago

Scott
Scott

(for future reference: http://tinyhacker.com/hacks/us.....nd-errors/)

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!