The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Recycle Bin Volume

(7 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by iso2
  • Latest reply from iso2
  • Topic Viewed 373 times

iso2

The Win 7 Bin does not seem to show the MB volume of files it holds. In XP this was always listed along with the number of files. Am I missing something? Also there is nothing in 'Properties' that allows you to add that information.

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

Right click on the recycle bin icon on the desktop and click on properties. That shows space available for the recycle bin for the selected location.

Posted 1 year ago

iso2

Sorry prehaps I was not clear - I am looking for the volume of files actually sitting in the Bin - not the capacity of the Bin - ?

Posted 1 year ago

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In the recycle bin, Ctrl-A, then right click and choose properties. This should show the volume of files in the bin.

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

Hmm, I tried that and it didn't work. I opened the recyle bin, selected all the files in it with CTRL-A, and tried both right-clicking on one of the highlighted files and clicking properties (it just sat there and laughed at me) and right-clicking in a clear space and clicking on properties (just got the screen showing total volume allocated).

Posted 1 year ago

iso2

Just says Space Available see image on whs reply above

Posted 1 year ago

iso2

AH!!!! Enthusiast partly correct. Ctrl-A and volume shows in the strip at the bottom - forget Properties Box - somebody like to confirm that please. Seems very ham fisted way of doing things.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!