How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

Recovery back to factory setup failed

(4 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by japendra
  • Latest reply from taybay
  • Topic Viewed 1214 times

japendra

Hi,

I Have tried to install xp on my windows vista laptop.
Now my laptop is not booting completly.Its not going to vista also.I have tried to get back to factory settings using recory CD , The recory process taking 3 hours . After 3 hours, it is saying recory failed.I am not sure how to get to original fctory settings. ny help on this
?

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

Recovery settings are often on a separate partition. Which partition did you try to install XP on? Did you read the Geek's primer on installing XP on a Vista machice?

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....-computer/

You say you're not booting completely, which OS allows you to boot?

Posted 6 years ago

japendra

I tried to install in "C" partition. Now I am not able to see any partition in my laptop.I feel totl partion gone. Original factory settings came with VISTA operating system. Now I am not able to boot to VISTA os. seems to be BIOS setups got corretped.
Then i have tried to get originl factory settings(vista os) . At presenting no OS in my laptop.

Posted 6 years ago

taybay
taybay

C was mosts likely Vista's partition. Installing XP on there would not be good. I'm not quite sure what you could do to recover it. If you're really stuck you could make a cd of gparted, boot from that and wipe your drive so you could reinstall both OS's.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!