The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Recovery

(29 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by tsmith777
  • Latest reply from oliverpowell
  • Topic Viewed 942 times

tsmith777

I just clicked on My Computer and noticed the recovery disk has a red line all the way down and says 570MB free of 26.2 Gigs, am I in trouble or is it a problem, if so how do I correct that?

Posted 1 year ago

hArLtRoN
hArLtRoN

It could mean that something is saving files there, which it should not be. I'm not sure how to fix that because I build my own so I don't deal with recovery partitions.

Wait for another person to come by. They might know.

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

Okay, Thanks

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

I believe you are right, my C: drive says 839Gigs free of 905gigs. It looks like its serious

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

Nothing serious. Open the recovery partition and see what is in there. Files that don't belong there, move them to some other place. Happens all the time - possibly by the system file backup - did you backup files at some point in time using the system file backup facility ??

And there is probably nothing at all wrong with your C drive. What makes you think there is something wrong ??

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

No I did not back up files using the system file backup. I did just do a clean install yesterday. There 4 files in there, they are Kaspersky rescue disk, recovery, $UpgDrv$ and ADRinfos. I ahve no idea what those are, do I delete them of move them to C: Drive?

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

The Kaspersky files definitely do not belong there. Move those to C. The others leave alone.

If you post a picture of your Disk Management, I could advise you how to create an additional partition to move your data away from C. Because if your system goes belly up and you have to reinstall, then you do not lose your files. In the interim, make frequent images but use free Macrium, not Win7 imaging which is a dog.

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

I just moved it to C: and that did not change anything it still says 570MB free of 26.2Gigs

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

How big is this Kaspersky file.

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

I right clicked on Kaspersky and then properties and it says 133 MB. Recovery is 183MB, $UpgDrv$ is 4kb, and ADRInfos is 4kb.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Actually there is nothing wrong with the recovery drive being full and having a red line. You are not supposed to use it anyway. My advice would be to leave it alone before you mess it up.

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

Those numbers don't compute on a 26GB partition. Can you open the recovery partition, take a screenshot and post it here.

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

How do I take a screen shot?

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

@Whs: this guy has 873 posts here are you sure this is not a spoof??? Either that or you are telling him things that are completely beyond his capability and he should get local help.

@tsmith777: http://www.howtogeek.com/forum.....replies=16

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

SnipImage.JPG

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

Oren, this is not a spoof

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

I see that my SnipImage is not going to work

Posted 1 year ago

ronniesonora

Try this tutorial http://www.howtogeek.com/forum.....?replies=8

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

@tsmith: Did you even try to follow the instructions in the link I provided?? If you did you could not have come up with what you did.

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

Yes, Oren I tried that some time ago and could not get it to work

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!