How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Recover Data from a Formatted Partition/Drive

(9 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by gowthamgutha
  • Latest reply from gowthamgutha
  • Topic Viewed 867 times

gowthamgutha
gowthamgutha

Accidentally, i formatted my F Drive which is of nearly 40GB of data. Now i want to recover the entire data in the F drive as it is.

Could anyone suggest me the free and reliable software for doing the entire job?

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

Tough call. Maybe Recuva can do the job. But don't expect too much. http://filehippo.com/download_recuva/

And here is another option: http://www.paragon-software.com/home/rk-express/

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Try easeus.com

Posted 1 year ago

gowthamgutha
gowthamgutha

I Shift+Deleted some files previously and now the drive i deleted those files was formatted. What could be 'the best' software that too 'the free' one that can recover 'all' my data.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Personally I don't think there is a chance in ---- of retrieving data after that scenario.

Posted 1 year ago

doctordeere
doctordeere

A free program to recover all files from a formatted drive... does not exist, AFAIK.
Data recovery businesses... and of course law enforcement and other such government agencies... possess such programs, but they're not typically available to you and I, and they're certainly not free.

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

My experience is that once you have 'Accidentally' formatted a drive and have written again you really have lost the data for good.
If you did this but did not have a back up then all is lost.

A lesson learned. Never let accidents happen, that is the first 'risk assessment'

Mike

Posted 1 year ago

owen123
owen123

Did you do a quick format, or a full format?

If it was quick then do try recuva.

Posted 1 year ago

gowthamgutha
gowthamgutha

I did format when installing windows 8 and some windows 8 files are copied to that drive but it is not installed in it. I cant remember what type of format it is

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.