The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

Recording on to external harddrive from TV

(2 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by judda203
  • Latest reply from marks100
  • Topic Viewed 2386 times

judda203

Hello Guys, I am a new member to your forums, 70 years old, so be gentle with me :).

I have an AMILO Desktop Pi3745 Computer. I have a verbatum external harddrive which I record TV programs onto, via a USB port.(the likes of 24 (Jack Bauer))
The external harddrive is registered via the Device manager as Samsung HDS03HI USB device.?

Although the external harddrive is registered (as above) whenever I click onto it, It will not show anything on the drive. ?

I know the programs have been recorded onto the harddrive, because I use the TV playback with no problem, and the recorded programs are perfect.

Question ::: Am I doing something wrong, or to be more correct, is there something I should be doing, to be able to see what has been recorded on the external harddrive, ???

I want to be able to copy the recordings onto a DVD, so I can watch 24, as I wish instead of having to watch it on a weekly basis, which frankly is boring.

I am on my computer daily, so if more information is needed to enable you to help me, I will post an answer (If I have the answer for you) ASAP.

Thank you so much for any help you may be able to offer.

judda203.

Posted 4 years ago

marks100
marks100

hi.judda203.you should be able to see whats on your external hdd,if you insert into usb port, and access via your pc to copy onto disk have program on your pc access your hdd, insert tv, program or film into (sorce) and your dvd-disk drive as (target), on recording program, ie dvd,fab. or what you are going to use .

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.