How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Recommendations for headset for VOIP...

(7 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by LH
  • Latest reply from LH
  • Topic Viewed 1068 times

LH
LH

..please. I have have several headsets, but I get a lot of echo at my end. Indicative of crap hardware. Anyone know of one that works good ?

Posted 5 years ago

madmacs
madmacs

Hi LH, very good quality headphones are the Sennheiser PC161 or if you are only looking for a small headset then the PC 121. I personally use the PC161 for gaming and skype/messenging and have never had problems with echoes!! Matt

Posted 5 years ago

LH
LH

Thanks Matt. Will check those out :)

Posted 5 years ago

LH
LH

PC161 looks good (I like Sennheiser, but impossible to find locally to test) expensive, so should I take your word on it that it will work for me ? (If I buy blind on the net).

Posted 5 years ago

Bartman
Bartman

LH:

Buying headphones is alot like buying a pair of shoes. Expensive does not always mean comfortable.
Sennheiser is a well known and respected brand, but I wouldn't buy them without trying them on first.

In my humble opinion.

Posted 5 years ago

madmacs
madmacs

Well as I said the PC161 are really good. I sometimes wear them for up to 6 hours whilst gaming!! They are really comfortable, the sound quality is excellent (as you would expect from Sennheiser) and I have personally never had problems whilst chatting. That said, I have a fast internet connection, so I wouldn´t know if the "echo thing" has anything to do with DSL speeds. Matt

EDIT: Whatever you decide to choose I would ask the online retailer if headphones can be returned if not to your satisfaction. I used to work in a large electrical/multimedia store here in Germany and headphones were classed as hygenic articles and could not be returned!!

Posted 5 years ago

LH
LH

Bartman. Very true. The same with monitors :)

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!