The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

recent items

(5 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by Tom
  • Latest reply from Tom
  • Topic Viewed 593 times

Tom

I just upgraded to windows 7 and noticed that no longer do I get the recent items menu when I hit the start button. Is this normal in 7 or can I do something to get it back?
Thanks for any help.

Posted 5 years ago

cobija

recent items meaning just on the start menu?

try the following: click start menu > properties > Start Menu tab (already on it) > Privacy > check the 1st check mark.

Posted 5 years ago

Tom

Thanks for the reply. In vista when you hit the start button, on the right hand side you had folders the same as you do in 7 and one of the folders was recent items. Anything you opened, any file or whatever would go into this folder. I did what you suggested and that does put the program you used in the start menu but not the individual file you opened within the program. I guess they just have eliminated this feature.

Posted 5 years ago

cobija

oh i get what you mean now. It is not removed, but windows might of decided to not display it by default.

start > properties start menu > customize > press R > check Recent Items > Apply > Ok

i hope thats what you mean at least =]

Posted 5 years ago

Tom

OK, Thanks. I see what it is doing now. It does not show a recent items folder anymore but it shows the program used to open the file and a menu across from it of the files that were open. In Vista as i mentioned it just showed the recent items folder and everything that was accessed in it, and not the individual programs used to open the file. If that makes any sense.
Thanks again.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.